Great place to work with Global standard students, colleagues, faculties
Typical day at work goes,
1. Check Email and repond to faculties, management, colleagues, partner university coordinators, students, etc.
2. Review ongoing program schedules and to dos
3. update, upload new informations for main hompage for the school
4. Meetings with visitors, colleagues, faculties
5. Counseling sessions with students
6. Report progress to the upper leadership, and more
I Learned to
be organized in tight schedule
be a leader when running a program/event
be an attentative listener to other's needs when working as a team
be detail oriented on any type of work
be an open minded coordinator for all races, background students
You get to enjoy meeting so many different people under various situations, both domestic and international. You can really build an understanding on cross cultural management.
Hardest part of this type of position as a coordinator is that you have to be always patient and be an attentive listener to what others ask of you or need from you even if they do not speak to you directly. You have to have an eye to find the needs of others at various circumstances.